This page is for troubleshooting achievements.
- Achievements must be unlocked in single player without mods. The following also applies:
- Achievements require a Steam version of Civilization V (The Mac Campaign Edition does not work with these achievements). They may be earned on PC or Mac.
- Achievements do not work when mods are enabled. To unlock or progress in an achievement, you must play without mods.
Some achievements may work in multiplayer, however I am having trouble verifying this. Last Man Standing requires multiplayer. Some achievements are reported to work in Hot Seat mode.
- In Internet play, I have verified that counting achievements such as The Appian Way do not work.
- Achievements not listed in the Base Game (Vanilla) section require either DLC or Gods and Kings to unlock.
- Many achievements require a specific scenario to unlock. This are not always listed as requiring this, which is the cause of a lot of confusion.
- Most achievements will unlock in scenarios. Completing a scenario counts as a win for Panzer "Shafernator" General.
- Using FireTuner in the SDK to edit your game will disable achievements.
- Ensure that Steam is online.
- Make sure all mods are disabled.
- Check the guide description of each achievement and see if there are special rules.
- Check the broken achievement list.